时间:2023-04-24 08:10:02来源:本站整理作者:点击:
[INT:Solis House-Living Room -Day白天在索利斯家的客厅]
(Gabrielle is returning from a shopping trip to find her husband and a lawyer in the living room加布丽尔购物回家发现丈夫和律师在客厅)
Gabrielle: Hi honey, I'm back.
亲爱的,我回来了。
Carlos: Hey sweetie. This is Mr Steinberg, the attorney from the hospital.
宝贝,这是斯坦伯格先生,医院的律师。
Gabrielle: Oh, have we met?
我们见过面吗?
Mr Steinberg: Yes, Mrs Solis, we've met.
是的索利斯夫人,我们见过。
Carlos: Don't you remember, it was after Mama died. Apparently the hospital was negligent and agreed to a seven figure settlement cheque. A cheque I was never told about.
难道你不记得,妈妈去世以后,很明显是医院的失职,他们愿意偿付一笔7位数的和解金,一笔我根本不知道的钱。
negligent adj. 疏忽的;粗心大意的
Gabrielle: Oh that. Mr Steinberg?.
喔,那个啊 斯坦伯格先生
Mr Steinberg: I was just leaving.
我正准备走,
(Gabrielle and Carlos wait until Mr Steinberg closes the door before they start arguing.加布丽尔和卡洛斯等斯坦伯格先生关门离去后开始吵架)
Carlos: What were you thinking?
你到底在想什么呢
Gabrielle: Wait, just let me explain.
等等,听我解释一下
Carlos: No, why the hell didn't you tell me?
你居然不告诉我
Gabrielle: Because I couldn't trust you to make the right decision.
因为我不相信你能做出正确的决定。
Carlos: No, the right decision was to use that money for my lawyers. We could have fought the indictment and then I wouldn't have had to take the plea bargain.
正确的决定就是用这笔钱去付我的律师费,这样就能打赢官司,我就不用接受认罪协议。
Gabrielle: If you didn't take the plea deal the government would have seized the settlement.
如果你不接受认罪协议,政府会纠缠不清。
Carlos: Oh, we could have fought that in court.
那我们就继续打官司
Gabrielle: Exactly and then you would have blown all the money on lawyer.
没错,然后你会把所有的钱付给律师
[俚语学习]
blow vt. 挥霍(金钱),浪费(机会)
to blow one's money on something: 把钱都浪费在了某样东西上 .
He inherited over a million dollars and blew it all on drink and gambling.
他继承了100多万,全部挥霍在喝酒和赌博上了。
Carlos: Who cares! If there was a chance I didn't have to go to jail?
管他呢,只要有可能不去坐牢
Gabrielle: You had Laotian convicts sewing casual wear for 2 cents an hour. Don't you think you deserve a time out?
你让老挝的囚犯以每小时2分钱的工钱为你缝制休闲服,你不觉得你罪有应得吗?
Carlos: Eight months! Thanks to you I'm going away for eight months.
8个月,我感谢你,我要去做8个月的牢
Gabrielle: And when you get out we're going to have money to start over with. Thanks to me.
等你出来,你就会感谢我,多亏我我们才有资金东山再起。
(She retrieves her shopping from the chair.她从椅子上一把抓起刚买的东西)
Gabrielle: You know once you calm down, you're going to realise I did the right thing and when that happens, I'd appreciate an apology.
当你冷静下来,你就会发现我做了正确的决定。到那时我会欣然接受你的道歉。
(Walks away leaving Carlos dumbfounded.加布丽尔走了留下卡洛斯目瞪口呆)
,伊利QQ星奶粉和小小CBA达成战略合作,2023年榛高篮球挑战赛全面开启
父母家暴对孩子的影响,如何处理夫妻感情中的家庭暴力?父母家暴对孩子的影响,如何处理夫妻感情中的家庭暴力?
夫妻吵架总冷战怎么办?怎么和好并且化解夫妻吵架呢?“关公”陆树铭因病去世,网爆大衣哥亲往西安悼念,被赞有情有义林志玲登上11月杂志封面,做妈妈之后成为幸福的代名词《卿卿日常》24节气姑娘结局是什么_《卿卿日常》24节气姑娘离开老三了吗Copyright 2022-2026 feiyundao.com 〖妃孕岛〗 版权所有 陕ICP备2022000637号-4
声明: 本站文章均来自互联网,不代表本站观点 如有异议 请与本站联系 本站为非赢利性网站 不接受任何赞助和广告